Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chocolate Bridal Shower Cake

For my latest cake, I was excited to work with chocolate fondant for the first time.  It is a bit different than regular fondant.  The first thing you notice is the amazing chocolate smell that wafts out when you open the container.  The taste is chocolatey too...well, duh!  ;)  I found it a little more difficult to work with than regular fondant.  It had more moisture in it, which made it softer and more likely to tear.  After a bit of working, I was able to get it to lay on the cake topper for this cupcake stand.  This cake also gave me some experience with piping swirls.  It's not as easy as it looks!  I'm going to need to practice my piping a lot more, but I was happy with the way it turned out.  Here are the finished cake/cupcake pics.  The cake and cupcakes were chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate ganache.  Pretty much one of my favorite flavor combos EVER!  






7 comments:

  1. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!! Did you do the stand yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!