Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Basil Marinated Chicken

I planted some herbs out on our porch and the basil is doing quite well.  I searched the web for some basil and chicken recipes and found this simple one that I took a stab at.  Best part is, it has ingredients that I always have in the fridge, freezer, and pantry so I can make it any time


Ingredients
1/2 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground pepper
    Directions
    Place basil, oil, garlic and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish, add the marinade and turn to coat. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Preheat grill. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.

    This turned out ok.  I think I would change a few things, like marinating it for an hour instead of two.  The acid in the vinegar broke down the outer layer of chicken more than I would've liked and made it have an interesting texture.  I cooked this on a grill pan on top of the stove since we can't have outdoor grills at our apartment. Booo!  I'd like to give this one a try one more time on an outdoor grill to see what kind of results I get.  

    Here's the chicken after I poured the marinade on.  Ready to be tossed in basily goodness.
    The end!

    1 comment:

    Leave me some love!