Friday, May 14, 2010

Purple Practice Cake

When I make a cake I make sure to save any extra components that I made and didn't use.  They go right into the freezer.  This time I had all of the pieces stored up- pre-colored fondant, extra buttercream, cake, and some raspberries that I put in the freezer a few months ago.  I had some girlfriends over for dinner and decided to make a little practice cake for our dessert.   I wanted to practice my bows, so I slapped a big one right in the front of it.  I wasn't sure what to put on the rest of the cake, so I just piped some buttercream dots.  My piping skills are seriously lacking though, sigh.  I'd like to take a Wilton decorating class sometime soon to get better.  At any rate, here is the finished product.  I call it a Raspberry Neopolitan cake because it had vanilla cake, chocolate cake, and raspberry buttercream.  Mmmm!

I got to use my pretty little silver cake stand for this one

A closer view of my bow


The guts.  Deelicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!